St. Mark will be holding a special collection the weekends of July 5 & July 12 for Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Baton Rouge. The money raised during this special collection will stay at St. Mark Parish and will enable us to continue to support our parishioners who seek assistance at Catholic Charities—Baton Rouge. We urge you to donate to this very special collection. Without it, many of our parishioners would not have been able to receive the proper services they needed.
8 things you should know about Catholic Charities:
1. Serves people and communities throughout the 12 civil parishes of the Diocese of Baton Rouge—since 1964.
2. Touched the lives of 116,728 people of all faiths last year. Assisted by 482 volunteers who gave 13,516 hours of services last year in all of our programs.
3. Commits 95 cents of each revenue dollar to our programs. We stretch every dollar and maintain low administrative costs, far below the national average. Remains the leading long-term recovery services provider for hurricane survivor families.
4. Collaborates with other nonprofits, organizations of all faiths, universities and governmental agencies.
5. Advocates for systemic change to address the root causes of poverty.
6. Provides direct, unduplicated services for the most poor and vulnerable—no one competes for our clients.
7. Ranked #1 among 211-Info Line referral agencies.